TOME Episode 04 TOME Episode 04

You sir are amazing, I don't know how you do it, but each new episode makes me mroe invested in this group of characters, and wanting to see more! The art design, story concept, and voice acting is ll top notch. You have a bonna fide qualuity work here, and I love it!

Chrono Trigger Unglued 20 Chrono Trigger Unglued 20

I may be biased, but I like it sir!

As always, the comedy doesn't miss a beat, and the writing is top notch. I particularly enjoyed the "transaction" between Taban and the Guards. ;)

I really think the animation is getting better, too.

To answer Spielmeister's question in more detail, though - I made the background for Toriyama's Pizza in RPG Maker XP (I purchased a legal copy some time ago for just this purpose - I used one of the default tilesets for it called post town inn). The goku picture was added in post production from a portrait sprites from the second Gokuden RPG on the SNES. So yeah this review was more info based then review based, but uhm yeah - it's a good episode. :)

Clovis15 responds:

Thankyou for the wonderfully informative post.

Chrono Trigger Unglued 19 Chrono Trigger Unglued 19

One of the best ones yet

The comedy in this episode is top notch, and I felt that the use of voicing was well done. granted I voiced the Chancellor myself, but everyone did a great job with the lines. Counter to the review below me, I don't see the animation as shoddy for not voicing the whole episode, though I definitely agree that is a good place for improvement in the series overall.

I was particularly amazed with the time vortex scene, getting them to not reset position in moving up and down when they changed facial expressions is an amazing flash programming feat, my hats off to you for that one, in particular.

Clovis15 responds:

The key is to give the specific instances of your movie objects names, and do this for the movie objects inside of the movie objects as well. Then you just use commands such as _root.marle1.marle2.play(); (knowing that you specifically have the inner movie object laden with stops at various key points). Once that's done, you make the outter movie object contain the actual bobbing up and down of the floating motion.

Super Mario bros Z ep.7 Super Mario bros Z ep.7

Your Best One to Date

Holy crap in a pogo stick! This episode was FANTASTIC! Plenty of action as always, but adding a brainy edge to the action really made it shine.

As always your handle on the various Mario and Sonic characters is masterful, and makes the series what it always is: awesome. I look forward to the next installment, and pray it came sooner, but this was worth the wait (even if all the time wasn't spent making it)!

I also just want you to know that your masterful work here inspired me on a personal level, as after seeing the series some time ago, it inspired me to begin my own Mario project. I'm not going to link it due to both rules and ethics, but I wanted you to know how much your work has affected me on a perosnal level.

Thank you for this series, and this episode! Newgrounds is so much richer for your amazing work, then it would be without it.

Return of The Vinstigator Return of The Vinstigator

Not too shabby

I wouldn't say this is your best work ever but it IS good work - and it's good to see you doing flash again.

You've definitely improved your variety though so for this you earn a highly respectable 8 out of ten.

I look forward to seeing more awesomeness from you.

Vinstigator responds:

Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback! I don't make flash as much as I used to but now I'm now concentrating more on my music. Check out my latest audio submission entitled "Don't You Know I Have Enemies". A friend of mine who owns his own record label worked on the song with me.

Chrono Trigger Unglued 16 Chrono Trigger Unglued 16

Wow, just wow

One of the longest, and best looking in the series yet!

Plenty of quality animations, and voice work. Fully reccomended.

Chrono Trigger Unglued 15 Chrono Trigger Unglued 15

Holy shit

DAMN man, that was very well animated, it was hilarious and quite action packed. Easily the best episode in the series. Crono the Moon Walker is hilarious.

Clovis15 responds:

Reactions to the moonwalking across various forums so far has been far more positive than I ever dared to hope for.

Chrono Trigger Unglued 13 Chrono Trigger Unglued 13

Best CTU yet

Damn dude, this is easily the best CTU yet peiced together. Between the extensive animation in the flashback sequence (Oh I SO cannot wait until we leave the dungeon to see more of that), the great wit (Gee I didnt see any signs), and the awesome bonus scene, this series has outdone itself, period.

Clovis15 responds:

The credit for the dialogue in the flashback is very split. Cryo wrote it, but he only added it after I suggested the concept of the Flashback.

Super Mario bros Z ep 5 Super Mario bros Z ep 5

Oh my God - you rock

I've been watching this series for a while now but you truly seem to know many diffrent gaming fandoms very well and incorperated much into making this feel so right. Usually Sonic/Mario crossovers fall flat on their faces with failure but your grasp of both the characters, and fan perceptions therof - and using that in your script really paid off. You even managed to use "Texas Faggot" also known to the Megaman fandom as the Rockman Neo theme when fighting the Axem Rangers X. Which by themselves represent Mega Man Zero and battle network edits, that really flowed well. My hats off to you, as a DBZ fan, as a mario fan, as a sonic fan, and as a Mega Man fan (though really all you did to make me smile there was the song), I salute you and your amazing work from the bottom of my heart.

KH: Mario Bros. Eps.2 KH: Mario Bros. Eps.2

Not bad but needs refinement

Its not a bad idea and the presentation isnt CRAP per say, but it really needs some polish and refinement. You;ve taken major leaps and bounds over the first one, having text boxes for dialoguue, and a menu was niuce. It really needs to move more fluidly, and you really need to work on your english. If you natively speak English...learn some grammar please. Its not a bad effort but theres room for improvement. Try getting more frames and more speed for the movements of the characters, and try to make them more edited so we don't see jagged edges. Try to make them a bit longer too. Lastly, opn episode 3, when the flash is over, please have the file auto loop back to your menu. All in all while I said many areas of improvement that would benefit your work, I did enjoy the story. Just work a little harder next time, you have a good spark in you.